The front raise is great for the shoulders
- Stand feet shoulder width apart, knees soft. Arms extended with the dumbbells just in front of the thigh, palms facing towards the body.
- Keeping the body still, raise the arms to the front with a slight bend in the elbows, palms facing down to the ground, leading with the shoulders (use the shoulder muscles to raise the arms), exhale as you raise the arms parallel to the floor.
- Hold for a second and lower the dumbbells back down slowly to the starting position as you inhale.
- You can do this exercise one arm at a time.
- It can also be performed using a bar.