This bread has a beautiful cake like texture, its light and tasty and goes well with Vanilla Cashew Cream.
Author: Good Food and Fitness
- 250g Butternut Squash, cut into chunks, (can use frozen)
- 2 tbsps Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsps Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 4 Eggs
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp ground Tumeric
- 200g ground Almonds
- 2 tsps Baking Powder
- 2 tbsps Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200'C, 180'C fan.
- Spread the Butternut chunks on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Coat the chunks with 1 tbsp of Maple Syrup and 1 tbsp of melted Coconut Oil and sprinkle with Nutmeg. Bake for 20 mins until golden brown and caramelised.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the Butternut with a fork or potato masher to create a paste. Add 1 tbsp melted Coconut Oil, the Eggs, 1 tbsp Maple Syrup, salt, ginger, and Tumeric. Mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ground Almonds and Baking Powder, then add to the large mixing bowl/wet ingredients. Mix well until combined into a smooth(ish) batter consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin and bake at 200'C, 180'C fan for 30mins.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp of Maple Syrup, Pumpkin Seeds and Cinnamon. Use to cover the top of the loaf and bake for a further 10-15mins.
- Test the bread with a skewer, it should come out clean when the bread is ready.
- Remove from the loaf tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with the Vanilla Cashew Cream
- To freeze, slice and pack between layers of baking paper.