Sesame Seed Energy Bites
These were served as part of our breakfast in Santorini and hence we have made our own version they were so delicious - sesame seeds are so good for you - read our link
Author: Good Food and Fitness
Serves: 16 bars
- 200g Rolled Oats (if you are Gluten Free check the oats are)
- 150g Sesame Seeds
- 100g Sunflower Seeds
- 200g Soft dried Apricots
- 120g Almond Butter
- 120g Runny Honey
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- Place the oats and seeds in a pan and cook until golden brown over a medium heat - place into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Chop the apricots and mix into the dry mixture
- Place the almond butter, honey, maple syrup and coconut oil into a pan and place over a low heat and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Place the runny ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well until everything is combined.
- Line a 20cm x 30cm baking tray with baking paper and press the mixture firmly down in the tray. Cover with cling film and place in the freezer for an hour.
- Cut into squares and keep in an air tight container in the fridge - these will last for 2-3 weeks but I bet you've eaten them by then.